CCM’s brand-new take on Mozart’s La Clemenza di Tito (The Clemency of Titus) opens this Friday, April 12, and continues through Sunday, April 14, 2019 in Corbett Auditorium. A dramatic tale of vengeance and forgiveness, CCM’s production is set during the Cuban Revolution in 1959.
View the slideshow below for your sneak peek at the opera. Mozart’s last opera seria, La Clemenza di Tito displays some of his most memorable and marvelous arias. Caught between his duty and his heart, Emperor Tito must choose whether to rule with mercy or with an iron fist after he narrowly avoids an assassination plot.
La Clemenza di Tito runs April 12-14, 2019 at CCM’s Corbett Auditorium. Tickets on sale now through the CCM Box Office.
CCM’s production of La Clemenza di Tito will last 2 hours and 20 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission.
LA CLEMENZA DI TITO
Music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Edited for the Neue Mozart-Ausgabe by Franz Giegling
Used by arrangement with European American Music Distributors Company, US and Canadian agent for Baerenreiter-Verlag, publisher and copyright owner
- Jiannan Cheng, conductor
- Robin Guarino, director
- Josh Cook*, assistant director
- Rachel C. Boylan*, costume designer
- Oran Wongpandid*, hair and make-up designer
- Kathleen Kelly, musical preparation
- Evan P. Carlson*, lighting designer
- Sidney Martin*, props master
- Mark Halpin, scenic designer
- Hankyu Lee*, sound designer
- Margo Leist*, production stage manager
- Kathleen Kelly and Marco Nistico, language coaches
- Ahyoung Jung*, Yang Lin* and Bin Yu*, rehearsal pianists
* CCM Student
- Salvatore Atti+, Carlos Cardenas^ as Tito Vespasian, Roman Emperor
- Teresa Perrotta^, Jordan Stadvec+ as Vitellia, daughter of Emperor Vitellio
- Brenda Iglesias^, Karis Tucker+ as Sesto, young patrician in love with Servilia
- Grace Kiver^, Michelle La Jeunesse+ as Annio, young patrician in love with Servilia
- Victoria Okafor+, Yewon Yoon^ as Servilia, sister of Sesto in love with Annio
- Antonio Cruz^, John Siarris+ as Publio, commander of the Praetorian Guard
- Chorus: Elana Bell, Justin Burgess, Victor Cardamone, Victoria Ellington, Anyeé Farrar, Christina Hazen, Ella Joyner Horn, Georgia Jacobson, Nicholas Kelliher, Jordan Krack, Brittany Logan, Jordan Loyd, Raven McMillon, Tayte Mitchell, Miguel Pedroza Gonzalez, Deborah Rivera, Turner Staton, Lindsay Webber, Ryan Wolfe
^ Friday, April 12 and Sunday, April 14
+ Saturday, April 13
- 8 p.m. Friday, April 12
- 8 p.m. Saturday, April 13
- 2 p.m. Sunday, April 14
Corbett Auditorium, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Ticket prices start at $32. Discounts are available for UC and non-UC students. Service changes may apply for online orders.
Student rush tickets will be available one hour before each performance to non-UC students, based on availability. UC students can receive one free student rush ticket with a valid Bearcat ID, based on availability.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors. Additional parking is available off-campus at the U Square complex on Calhoun Street and other neighboring lots.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
Mainstage Production Sponsor: Macy’s
Opera Department Sponsor: Mr. & Mrs. Edward S. Rosenthal
Opera Production Sponsor: Genevieve Smith