CCM’s 2018-19 Mainstage Series opens with Jeffrey Hatcher’s adaptation of Nikolai Gogol’s comic masterpiece The Government Inspector. Directed by Richard Hess, the play is presented at 8 p.m. this Thursday, Oct. 4 and continues through Sunday, Oct. 7, 2018 in Patricia Corbett Theater.
“The story has all the clever banter and comic timing of a snappy modern-day sitcom.” – David Lyman, Cincinnati Enquirer
“The Government Inspector is a zany satire written by Nikolai Gogol in 1836 — but it still finds relevance today.” – Rick Pender, CityBeat Cincinnati
Tickets are on sale now through the CCM Box Office; student discounts are available.
- Richard E. Hess, director
- Lindsey Purvis*, scenic designer
- Evan Carlson*, lighting designer
- Hankyu Lee*, sound designer
- Courtney Paige Hickenlooper*, stage manager
- Kelly Yurko, wig and make-up designer
- Dean Mogle, costume designer
- Kate Webster, dialect and vocal coach
* CCM Student
- Carter LaCava as Ivan Alexandreyevich Hlestakov
- Briley Oakley as Osip, his servant
- Graham Rogers as Mayor
- Gabriella DiVincenzo as Anna Andreyevna, his wife
- Zoe Cotzias as Marya, his daughter
- Amanda Nelson as Grusha, their maid
- Matt Fox as Judge
- Cameron Nalley as School Principal
- Sarah Durham as Postmastress
- Lucas Prizant as Doctor
- Trey Peterson as Dobchinsky
- Reid Robison as Bobchinsky
- Michelle Jardine as Innkeeper’s Wife/Corporal’s Widow
- Jacqueline Daaleman as Waitress/Locksmith’s Wife
- Paige Jordan as Svetsunov, the police chief
- Frankie Chuter as Abdullin/Constable 1/Imperial Messenger
- Jason Pavlovich as Pentelaeyev/Constable 2
- 8 p.m. Thursday, October 4
- 8 p.m. Friday, October 5*
- 2 p.m. Saturday, October 6*
- 8 p.m. Saturday, October 6
- 2 p.m. Sunday, October 7
*Travel and parking may be impacted by UC Homecoming events on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.
Patricia Corbett Theater, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Tickets prices start at $28. Discounts are available for UC and non-UC students. Preview performance tickets start at $15. Service changes may apply for online orders.
Student rush tickets will be available one hour before each performance to non-UC students, based on availability. UC students can receive one free student rush ticket with a valid Bearcat ID, based on availability.
Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online through CCM’s e-Box Office.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
Mainstage Production Sponsor: Macy’s
THE GOVERNMENT INSPECTOR is presented by special arrangement with Dramatic Play Service, Inc., New York.